Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Week 2 Recap




Week 2 recap (Tom Brady gets to tap that...):

One Marion Barber start away from going 5-1 this week, oh well, Ill take 4-2. Overall that would make me 10-2 in the first two weeks of action, maybe I should quit this whole work thing and become a FFL expert and write for Yahoo! Maybe not yet.

In Delts FFL I lost to Split Bush Wide by 3.25 pts, had Santana Moss gotten 33 more yards last night or just one Touch I would have caught him. I still had the 4th highest point total in the league, so I got that going for me. Steven Jackson, my pick at #2 overall, continues to disappoint, had I started Marion Barber III SBW would have gone down by 7 pts and I would be 2-0. I moved up a spot in this league with the loss, go figure, sitting in 4th at 1-1 with more points than the other 1-1 teams. I still feel strong although this is the most competitive league I am in and a lot can happen in the next 14 weeks.

In Pcom FFL I had the highest point total for the second week in a row, things keep up like this and I will walk away in this league with the championship and $300. Steve Smith had a huge day with 153 yds and 3 TD’s for an unreal 36 pts. The best thing about this team is that I could have scored 15 pts higher than I did had I started Jerrico Crotchery of the Jets (164 yds) over Mike Furrey (60 yds).

My 2 free Yahoo! Leagues went 1-1 this weekend, in the BDFFL I had the Highest score for the second week in a row, while in the Seinfeld league I got smoked and need to get crackin on the waiver wire as I have dropped to 7th and need to turn this one around.

In my experimental Fox sports league I pulled out two more landslide victories. This is the league of 12 teams where I have one team in each division (two six team divisions) and the goal is to meet in the championship. So far so good, Free Mike Vick at the top of Division A while the Cleveland Steamers are in 2nd in Division B only trailing by a slim margin of points.

My thoughts on the eventful Sunday that was:

Chad Johnson celebrating in the dawg pound was great, getting a beer poured on him by a Browns fan, even better.

Giants are 0-2, fire Coughlin and beg Tiki to come back.

Redskins, Texans, Packers and Cowgirls are all 2-0, what the hell is happening.

Cleveland scores 51! Don’t expect them to top 30 pts a game the rest of the season.

Steven Jackson did too many commercials in the off-season, he is this years Peyton Manning, except his numbers haven’t stayed the same the way Peyton’s have.

New England is scary, and they pretty much gave everyone the finger in their 38-14 rout of the San Diego Nickname thieves.

No comments: