Thursday, May 31, 2007

Coffee is a beverage that puts one to sleep when not drank.

I have measured out my life with coffee spoons. ~T.S. Eliot

Coffee has two virtues: it is wet and warm. ~Dutch Proverb

Decaffeinated coffee is the devil's blend. ~Author Unknown

Way too much coffee. But if it weren't for the coffee, I'd have no identifiable personality whatsoever. ~David Letterman

If you can't guess I love coffee, not to say I am a virtuoso, self proclaimed connoisseur of said commodity yet I do imbibe 3-5 cups on an average work day, slightly less on weekends. In college as a means to study I would wake up, or not go to sleep, and around 4am begin brewing coffee and drink 1-2 pots while studying for a test just hours away. Maybe not the best study tip but I passed.

So to coffee i do owe a debt, helped with countless projects and last minute study sessions, as well as motivation for those early morning ski or hiking trips that just wouldn't have made it out the door on time without the black rocket fuel.

So dark and delicious
Mysterious and suspicious
invigorating and inebriating
Robusta is darker and heady
Arabica is lighter and ready
Kona or Sumatra?
South African or South American?
now let me sip on some house...

No comments: